Keys on how to get your life together
Don’t ditch your daily routines because things are a little different now. Believe it or not, studies show that developing daily routines can have positive results on your life.
Let’s face it, it takes from 18 to 254 days for a human to form a new habit & about 2 months for the habit to become an automatic thing.
Here are a few things to add to your daily routine to help with productivity & overall mood improvement:
- Don’t pick up your phone & check on the world first thing in the morning. It’s tempting to want to stay in the loop with everything going on but you don’t want to exhaust yourself. Let’s be honest, there’s a lot going on right now. You absolutely don’t need that negativity to start the day. I’m hopeful that the world might still be there if you wait a little longer in the day.
- Try listening to a joyful, positive playlist to start your day. Go ahead, dance & sing your heart out to some Megan Thee Stallion & Beyoncé “Savage (remix)”. Let those self-love affirmations flow.
- Always find something to laugh about. Laughing before bed should do the trick.
- Take your vitamins! Out of all of the vitamins you need, pick B, C, & D. For those fall/winter months you’ll need all of the energy, immune health, & sunlight you can get.
- Prepare a meal that makes your happy. Make something that not only makes your stomach happy but your heart. It can brighten your mood exponentially!
- Watch your favorite movie. Even if you’ve seen it a million times, watch it. Even if it is a horror film.
- Go back to your favorite hobby that you may have taken a break on because life. Sometimes we have hobbies that we enjoy & because of various obligations in life restrict us from revisiting or giving more to them or the process of developing said hobby. Also, don’t worry if your hobby doesn’t make you money. Do it for the love & joy it brings to your life.
- Read a few pages (or in some cases chapters) of your favorite book. why not get lost in a book & dip off away from reality.
- Sit outside & watch the sun set. You don’t have to do anything but just watch the magnificent display.
- Last but not least, breathe. Before you take any steps breathe. Unclench your jaw, & relax those shoulders.